While you have a balance remaining on any auto financing or lease, you are required to maintain full coverage insurance to protect your financial institution and yourself against loss resulting from an accident or other damage to your vehicle.
Per the terms of your retail installment sale contract, if you fail to obtain the required auto insurance or you do not provide proof of insurance to us, we may legally purchase insurance to protect the vehicle. Each time this occurs we will add the balance to your account and your monthly payment will increase accordingly. You will incur significant additional interest expense as a result.
- Maintain full coverage insurance, including comprehensive and collision coverage with a maximum $500 deductible, naming Newport Acceptance Corporation as the lienholder / loss payee.
- Provide proof of that insurance to us when we request it. We will request proof from you if:
- You provide a binder to us and the insurer does not provide a declarations page or notice of coverage to us within 30 days.
- Your coverage expires at the normal termination date of your policy and we are unable to confirm directly with your insurer that the policy has been renewed.
- We receive notice from your insurer that your policy is terminating early for any reason.
- You delete Newport Acceptance Corporation as loss payee / lienholder.
- Proof of insurance may be mailed to us at P.O. Box 3668, Tustin, CA 92781, e-mailed to us at Insurance@newportacceptance.com or faxed to us at (855) 338-7838.
If We Add Insurance On Your Account
- Your best interests are served by securing your own full-coverage insurance as soon as possible.
- The coverage is issued through Western General Insurance Company, a licensed California insurer.
- The policy only covers the vehicle securing your account. It does not satisfy California’s liability insurance requirement. If you fail to maintain separate liability coverage, your vehicle registration may be canceled and your vehicle may be impounded by law enforcement.
- You most likely can purchase insurance for a lower annual premium than we can secure under this program. When you buy insurance, your broker / insurer has access to your driving record and other factors that help identify the risks they are covering. However when we add insurance, Western General does not have that information and the premiums reflect their increased risk.
- You will incur significant additional interest expense on your account if you choose not to pre-pay for the full 12-month period of coverage. By default the 12-month insurance policy will be charged to you over the remaining life of your contract to minimize your monthly expense. YOUR MONTHLY PAYMENT INCREASE DOES NOT COVER THE MONTHLY INSURANCE COST AND RELATED INTEREST. WHEN THE 12-MONTH POLICY EXPIRES, YOUR PAYMENT WILL NOT RETURN TO THE ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED PAYMENT.
- Please carefully review the certificate and policy cover letter we send you so you understand the total costs and payment options.